Thursday, March 17, 2005

Costa Rica and Nicaragua

Not too much of industrial interest here, but be looking towards a tropical series of works. One SLR, one digital, one camcorder and enough batteries to power Guanacaste translates to about 1,000 images to work from and we`ve only been here a couple of days.

The weather is a sweltering 33 on average, and howler monkeys wake us up in the morning. By bedtime, I´m the howler monkey, because after all, resort life and free drinks are an inescapable fact of life.

We went to Nicaragua yesterday and by the end of the day as we were touring the colonial city of Granada, I think I heard myself wishing for Canadian winter. But only for a microsecond, mind you!

We also visited an active volcano, and although there was no lava flowing - just lots of sulfur and gas, I found myself finding the perfect tie-in for the industrial series - Nature`s Smelter.

The pool beckons, and it is high time for a drink.

Adios amigos!

No comments: