Thursday, August 04, 2005

Process

Often, I'll play around with photoshop in lieu of cleaning the studio. During the most recent attempt at clearing that dark, fobidding space, I found some glossy fingerpainting paper and an engineering/drafting mechanical ruler thing. This brings to mind a painting I saw in Germany a few years ago, where the artist had acheived an interesting effect on glossy paper using ink. A simple image comes to mind - an overpass.

A "home is where the car is" series is beginning to gel; even though I hate drawing cars and have very little interest in them. Hate them or not, garages, gas stations and roads still factor a large part of our lives.

Photoshop is a great tool for fiddling around with ideas - it often leads to "what not to do" with the biggest cleanup being the delete key. This is what happened on my way to the drawing board, and I quite like it. It's sort of a tunnel and a bridge and strong graphic elements all at the same time.

No comments:

Blog Archive