If you use Paint Shop Pro, there's a hot wax filter you can use - I'm not sure whether Photoshop has one or not. I'm facing a bad drawing and there's a candle burning. I remember a project in my art-teacher book suggesting unifying a collage with a wax coating.
Encaustic looks pretty cool, she thinks, pouring the candle all over the bad drawing. Blow dryer gets rid of some of it. And now my sketchbook smells like a gift shop.
Not that Eau du Smelter is a big seller....and proof positive that sometimes a bad drawing just can't be rescued.
- ► 2009 (12)
- ► 2008 (13)
- Sudbury Superstack (Ducting)
- Sudbury: Copper Cliff
- Yes, lifedrawing too.
- Wiping February off the Calendar
- Clay play: Green Man
- Sudbury: Inco
- One perky, one not
- Real woman tummy: Clay figurine
- Sketchbook: Generic Headframe
- Carp Road; Ottawa Ontario
- Tile: Rock Bolting
- Cobalt: McKinley-Darrough
- Random Gatherings
- Sketchbook: Last page, last scraps
- Hoist Rooms and Cages
- Sketchbook: Iran
- Montreal: Architectural Details
- Noranda recovery
- Technical Notes
- Noranda: Acid recovery plant?
- Hot wax and scratch 'n' sniff...
- Scratch n' sniff smelter.
- Noranda: Smelter
- Two seasons in Canada: Winter and Under Construct...
- ▼ February (25)