Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Wiping February off the Calendar

The Green Man is a Celtic being, and right now, all I want is warmth in the sun and birdsong, and whatever else the Green Man has to offer.

Just spent three weeks with a cold and a first-ever ear infection; and now, bronchitis. Can't even drag myself to studio.

I agree with that artist/philosopher who said creativity is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. Honestly, being "in the mood" or "waiting for the muses" or anything that assumes some magical cloak is just a load of crap. It's about working at it, and doing it often. Sometimes good stuff happens, sometimes it doesn't. I've waited long enough for the muses, and the muses got tired of excuses.

And I'm tired of germs, viruses, bacteria or whatever the hell is getting in the way of my path to the studio. So I'm going to glare at Green Man in the meantime.

2 comments:

Patty said...

you know i love the green man
blarneybytes

Unknown said...

I got what you got and the Zithromax didn't work.

Sniff!

Blog Archive